- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
The inaugural issue of the VGA Reader is looking for submissions. Published by Chicago’s innovative Video Game Art Gallery, the new journal will explore the art form of video games including the “history, theory, and criticism of video games.” The first issue is slated to be available in summer 2017.
The deadline for submissions for the first issue of the VGA Reader is January 23, 2017.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Analysis of video game genres and platforms, both emerging and historical
- Analysis and documentation of significant experiments in avant-garde video games
- Analysis of issues pertaining to representations, gender performance, sexuality, class, and race in video games
- Analysis and critique of gaming culture(s), of gaming and consumer habits as a whole, or of a specific franchise or trend
- The public exhibition of video games in museums, galleries, festivals, conventions, and arcade bars
- Investigations and descriptions of video game development, design, and authorship
- Analysis of existing video game criticism, reviews, advertising, and marketing
- Gamification and how it functions in both the humanities and sciences
- Analysis of the function of video games in culture and society
- The formation of new communities, institutions, and contexts for video games
- Analysis of the development of virtual and physical communities in video games, gaming culture, and the politics of video game spaces
For more information visit the VGA Reader Page
Source: VGA Reader